How to Prevent the Flu Virus From Spreading
Influenza is extremely commutable and surprisingly it can even spread before any related symptoms actually start appearing in the victim. Patients often cannot be distinguished separately when affected by the infectious virus as they too do not put up any symptoms immediately. But they are very much capable of spreading the virus to others. So here are some suggestive measures by which you can prevent spreading the virus around:
- You should regularly wash the hands with soap and clean water.
- You should remember to cover your mouth while coughing.
- It is great if you can avoid physical contact with others
- At the time when you are affected with this disease, do not visit any gathering or parties.
- Do not return to your work place unless you have fully recovered from the disease.
Influenza is mainly spread in the following three ways:
- Through direct transmission – It happens when an infected person sneezes and spreads mucus into the eyes, mouth or nose of another person.
- The airborne way – This happens when anyone inhales the spray taken by an affected person sneezing, coughing or spitting.
- Through the hands – It can also happen when an infected person’s hand comes into contact with the nose, mouth, or eye of another person. It can also be transmitted through the contact of any contaminated surfaces as well as through close contacts such as handshakes.
Apart from them, the infectious virus of influenza can be even transmitted when they come in contact with infected surfaces of banknotes, household items, switches of the light and doorknobs.
The effective ways to stop the spreading of influenza
The easiest way to stop the transmission of the influenza virus is by being health and hygiene conscious. You need to follow few simple things like not to touch the eyes, mouth or nose with an unclean hand. Before you eat something with your hand, make sure they are properly cleaned and cover the face with a hankie or use your hand to do the same while coughing or sneezing. Stay away from any sick person if possible and make sure you do not go out when you are sick.
You can make use of the safety mask when coming close to any patient who is suffering from influenza. You should also disinfect the floors and all other places that usually have the chances of getting infected. If possible try to use alcohol along with ammonium compounds that leaves the cleaning effect last for some time. You can also isolate the ailed person from the rest to prevent the germs from spreading.